SPE4K Research Study (Spring 2021)
Do you have a child currently enrolled in a US school and is in grades K-12? If so, we invite you to participate in a research study jointly conducted by the University of Maryland’s iSchool and the University of Chicago.
What’s the study about?
We want to learn about potential concerns that parents have for their children when using apps and devices. Our goal is to help children learn about digital safety in order to better prepare them to navigate their online experiences.
What would I have to do to participate?
- Complete a short survey that should take no more than 10 minutes. This will cover some of the details of your experiences with parental control and monitoring apps.
- We might follow up with you to participate in a 60-minute interview through a video conferencing platform (e.g., Zoom). We’re talking to parents about some of their concerns regarding their children’s activities on apps and online.
I’d like to participate. How do I access the survey?
- To participate, you can fill out the survey here: https://uchicago.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0lEf0kG30rNCp6K
What do I get out of it?
- After completing the survey, you will be entered into a raffle for one of five $50 Amazon gift cards.
- You’ll have the chance to learn more about potential digital safety issues related to your children’s app and device use.